The organisation based in Nyanga, has developed a replicable model of holistic sustainable community-based care for Aids-affected, infected and vulnerable children and their caregivers.
Etafeni seek to employ the following Fixed Term position on a (12) twelve month contract:
OVC – After Care Primary School Programme
The overall responsibility is to perform, manage, implement and deliver a Primary School curriculum in Maths, Technology, Literacy and Life-skills to children between the ages of 6 – 14 arrange training sessions with the facilitators to align with the Programmes strategic initiatives.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide an enriching and educationally sound experiences to augment and support children attending the Etafeni After-School Care Programme
- Develop the structure of the programme based on the needs and interests of the children
- Manage the program operations
- Develop and maintain relationships with feeder schools in the area.
- Plan activities that assist children with developing interpersonal skills or help them improve academic performances.
- Evaluate and assess of the impact of the support curriculum on interpersonal and educational results.
- Provide meaningful and enriching experiences afterschool and during school holidays.
- Providing discipline and serve as a role model
- Manages program logistics, classroom set-up, instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids; sets up audio-visual equipment and makes presentations when necessary.
- Administer appropriate educational assessments, interpret results and provide relevant information to appropriate staff, students, and parent(s)/guardian(s);
- Evaluate student progress and participate in the reporting process in consultation and collaboration with the facilitators and schools.
- Develop, implement and monitor Education Plans in consultation with coordinator and facilitators and make ongoing evaluations and revisions consistent with organizational Vision and Mission.
- Communicate with parents, and encouraging them to be involved in their child’s educational program.
- Maintain files and records, monitor student attendance.
- Have the ability to multitask and strong technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and the operation of media equipment, such as projectors, DVD players and personal computers
- Report-writing techniques to produce analytical reports or written materials having high organizational impact in appropriate format
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in education, or social or behavioural science or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience as a teacher.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Familiar with standard learning theory.
- Initiative, motivation, creativity and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Report-writing techniques to produce analytical reports or written materials having high organizational impact in appropriate format.
- Deliver formal/informal presentations regarding the training program.
- This profession requires strong public speaking and presentation abilities to effectively teach a variety of training topics.
- Understanding of NGO sector an advantage.IN RETURN:
- We offer a market related salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Starting Date: Preferable – As soon as Possible.
Only experienced people with the appropriate skills level should apply.
Send your CV and at least 3 contactable references to:
The HR Manager:
Etafeni Day Care Centre: Sihume Road, Nyanga.
By no later than 15th July 2016
Only successful candidates will be contacted.