The Etafeni Afterschool Support programme provides holistic support and cares through psychosocial support for children and their families, home visits for vulnerable children and families, nutritional support; provides a safe environment and promotes success in school through an enabling environment in the afterschool space. The programme offers services to children from the age of 6-15 years that are made vulnerable by different societal ailments.
The Programme has an intake of 40 children a year that are referred by the schools we work with and the social worker at Etafeni.
The programme offers the following:
- Homework support for the Life Skills, Technology, literacy, and numeracy
- Has a reading club to encourage young learners to read more.
- Music Therapy where the children learn how to play the Marimba instrument
- Arts and Crafts activities
- Holiday Programmes
- Educational Excursions
Afterschool Support Programme operates from Monday to Friday- 14h30 to 16h00.
- The Etafeni Afterschool Support programme provides holistic support and cares through psychosocial support for children and their families, home visits for vulnerable children and families, nutritional […]
- Get help now > Is this abuse? Abuse happens everywhere Abuse happens in every culture, age, race, nationality and socio-economic level. It happens in both heterosexual and LGBTQ […]
- Our ECD centre provides quality care and a learning environment to children between the ages of 2 to 6 years. Our centre provides a dry, comfortable […]
- This programme is a dynamic and highly successful Skills Development and Job-Readiness Programme that caters for unemployed school-leavers. Here we offer a range of training on […]
- The programme is aimed at providing women and community members with entry-level sewing and beading training. The trainees are provided with tangible sewing skills allowing them to […]
- The Powergirls programme is implemented in partnership with one of our long term partners- Kinderfonds MAMAS. The programme serves 48 girls from disadvantaged communities and is […]
- Etafeni Day Care Centre Trust’s home and community-based care (HCBC) services consist of interventions that focus on wellness, health promotion, prevention of ill health and self-management […]
- Etafeni’s Food Gardens programme works with the beneficiaries of our different programmes and their families to help them establish food gardens in their homes and the […]