The organisation based in Nyanga, has developed a replicable model of holistic sustainable community-based care for Aids-affected, infected and vulnerable children and their caregivers.July 4, 2016
Etafeni Annual Report 2015-2016October 10, 2016
The organisation based in Nyanga, has developed a replicable model of holistic sustainable community-based care for Aids-affected, infected and vulnerable children and their caregivers.
Etafeni seek to employ the following Fixed Term position on a (12) twelve month contract:
PEER COUNSELLING/BREASTFEEDING COORDINATOR
The overall responsibility is to perform, manage, implement and deliver a breastfeeding support programme and arrange training sessions and support groups with the Peer Counsellors aligned with the Programmes strategic initiatives.
- To ensure a well-coordinated and managed team and functionalities of the Peer Counsellors
- Manage facilities staff and Implement staff performance management system.
- Ensure all Peer Counsellors are trained in breastfeeding education.
- Ensure that the team is kept in line with all updates.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders with regards to the programme when there is a need.
- To generally ensure that things run smoothly as far as programme administration is concerned.
- Do monthly reports for the Director as requested
- Attend and report on activities at monthly managements meeting.
- Qualification : Tertiary (post matriculation) Auxiliary Services Training
- Training in breastfeeding/lactation will be an added advantage
- Management and leadership skills
- Conflict resolution and problems solving skills
- Time keeping and Ethical work practices
- Compassionate and Empathetic ability
- Ability to communicate and transfer skills to the community
- Communications skills in Xhosa and English
- A valid South African driver’s licence.
- We offer a market related salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Starting Date: Preferable – As soon as Possible.
Only experienced people with the appropriate skills level should apply.
Send your CV and at least 3 contactable references to:
The HR Manager:
Etafeni Day Care Centre: Sihume Road, Nyanga.
By no later than 30 th July 2016
Only successful candidates will be contacted.