Help build a flourishing Nyanga by providing quality and holistic education to 90 children from 2 to 6 years old. For only R45 a day, you can give an Etafeni child strong educational and nutritional support.
Whether you are a…
Once off-Friend (1 Day) R45
Silver Sponsor (1 Week) R225
Gold Sponsor (1 Month) R900
Platinum Sponsor (more than a month),
…your support will provide a child attending the Early Childhood Development Centre with the following:
• Nursery School –a quality and stimulating education that follows the curriculum of the Department of Social Development and the Department of Education
• Nutritional Meals –three nutritionally balanced meals a day in accordance with our nutritionist’s guidelines that promote child growth and combat risks of malnutrition
• After Care –after-care provision with educational activities including songs and stories
• Well-maintained and spacious play area –safe and secure space for children to interact and grow with one another
• Transport to and from school–ensuring safety and accessibility for our children
• Targeting children affected by HIV/AIDS
For more information:
Director Zandile Siwali
Cell: 072 018 0219
Fundraising and Development Manager Erica Raolane
Cell: 082 567 2801
Etafeni Day Care Centre, SihumeRoad, Nyanga
Tel: 021 386 1516
We always need fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh chicken livers, fresh milk, fresh wholewheat bread, fresh eggs, fruit juice, brown rice, samp and beans, lentils, soup mix, tinned tomatoes, tinned tuna or pilchards, jungle oats – any fresh healthy whole foods.
- Many of the people we care for have compromised immune systems and we cannot risk date-expired food, artificial colourants or refined sugar.
- We can arrange to collect groceries.
We always need equipment for our crèche, preschool and afterschool care: paper, crayons, pencils, sharpeners, kokis, finger paints, poster paints, paint brushes, jam jars, playdo, educational toys, children’s books (preferably in Xhosa), playground equipment, sports equipment, musical instruments, computer equipment.
- We always need soap, hand towels, lavatory paper, tissues, jik, sticking plasters and savlon.
- We always need windolene, sunlight dishwashing liquid, drying-up cloths, Mr Min, washing-up sponges and handy andy.
- We always need good children’s clothes, especially school shoes, navy and black shorts and skirts,
white shirts, navy and black jerseys. Good clothes for adults are much in demand.